Quantcast

How to open .rda file in R

AMBUJ
Hi,
   I have a file containing gene expressions written using the tillingArray package. I used load() and attach() to get the data into R. Both of them works fine. Now I want to see the contents of the file. How can I see the contents of the file?

Thankyou for your time.

Regards,
Ambuj

Re: [R] How to open .rda file in R

Steve Lianoglou-6
Hi,

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 11:12 AM, AMBUJ <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have a file containing gene expressions written using the tillingArray package. I used load() and attach() to get the data into R. Both of them works fine. Now I want to see the contents of the file. How can I see the contents of the file?

Look at the help file for ?load and in particular look at the "Value"
section. You'll see that a call to load() returns (invisible) a
character vector of the names of the variables that were loaded from
the file, so:

R> vars <- load('tiling.data.rda")

And look at the names listed in vars to see what was loaded from the file:
R> vars

HTH,
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou

Re: [R] How to open .rda file in R

Steve Lianoglou-6
Hi,

1. Please keep replies on list -- note that you have to click "reply all",
not just "reply"

2. For your new problem:

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 1:22 PM, AMBUJ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>          Thankyou for the reply. I still did not get the data from the
> file.I executed the following commands:
>
> > vars<-load('~/523/Data.rda')
> > vars
> [1] "seg_vegNew"
> >print(seg_vegNew)
> <environment: 0x10700f94>

> Am I doing some thing wrong here? Thanks in advance.

You just have to notice hat `seg_vegNew` is an environment ... it probably
is holding vars in it that I guess you're interested, see ?new.env

Try to "ls(seg_vegNew)"

You should see a list of variables in it ... say "x" was one of them, one
way that you can then get access to it is like so:

R> my.x <- get('x', seg_vegNew)

Now you can access 'my.x' as normal ...

Does that help?
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou

Re: [R] How to open .rda file in R

AMBUJ
Hi Steve,

       It worked!! Thank you very much..

Regards,
Ambuj A Thacker

1. Please keep replies on list -- note that you have to click "reply all", not just "reply"
2. For your new problem:

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 1:22 PM, AMBUJ <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Steve,
         Thankyou for the reply. I still did not get the data from the file.I executed the following commands:

> vars<-load('~/523/Data.rda')
> vars
[1] "seg_vegNew"