How to restore workspace from .RDataTmp?

How to restore workspace from .RDataTmp?

Helene Wagner
Can I restore a workspace from .RDataTmp (under Windows), and how should I
do this? Whenever I try, I get the messages "Error in load(name, envir =
.GlobalEnv) : error reading from connection" (in the R command window)
and/or "Fatal error: unable to restore saved data in .RData" (Windows). I
was not able to find any documentation of this.

Any help is appreciated.
Helene

****************************
PD Dr. Helene Wagner
Senior scientist
Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL
Zuercherstrasse 111
CH-8903 Birmensdorf

Phone:  +41-44-739 25 87
Fax:    +41-44-739 22 15
Email:  [hidden email]
http://www.wsl.ch/staff/helene.wagner/

Re: How to restore workspace from .RDataTmp?

PIKAL Petr
Hi

See
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/63390.html

There is not much to do in such a case. Maybe only to use some binary
editor.

Recommendation: do not use .Rdata file for storing data!!!!

Cheers
Petr

Date sent:       Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:26:50 +0100
To:             [hidden email]
From:           Helene Wagner <[hidden email]>
Subject:         [R] How to restore workspace from .RDataTmp?

> Can I restore a workspace from .RDataTmp (under Windows), and how
> should I do this? Whenever I try, I get the messages "Error in
> load(name, envir = .GlobalEnv) : error reading from connection" (in
> the R command window) and/or "Fatal error: unable to restore saved
> data in .RData" (Windows). I was not able to find any documentation of
> this.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
> Helene
>

> ****************************