How to threshold point in time series

rcse2006
Hi All,
I am having very high-frequency data, captured  between 3 to 7 seconds by
sensor for liquid tank and capacity of tank is 50k dm3. When tank capacity
reduce to 1k dm3, than tank refilling need to call.
How in time series we can perform, refilling can call when tank capacity
reduce to 1k dm3, and how to find 1k dm3 as threshold point and repeat the
process.

Please help me, how to approach and which kinds of algorithm required to
solve this problem using R/ python.

Thanks..