Image analysis help

edwardbeamer
Hi,

I have a relatively simple task that maybe someone can help me with...

I want to draw a line on an image (freehand line), then mark a load of points on the image. Finally, to get a read out of the distances between each point and the line (closest distance).

Ultimately, the readout should be a list of distances for every point to the nearest bit of the line.

It seems really simple... have been trying to do it in ImageJ, but it seems to be a bit more complicated than I'd imagined (also, for some reason, I can't sign up for the imageJ forums). Anyone know an easyish way to approach this problem by exporting the data into R?

Many thanks,

Ed