Quantcast

Image processing and analysis with R

Jose Bustos Melo

Hello everyone,
I'm working in a project to create an special analysis about visualization in some animals and its behaviour, through checking eye movement. The point is this is very important to get data from the image as a resume of what this animal sees. I think an RGB histogram like photoshop does, but I need to get the data from this histogram analysis and I was wondering about using R to do so. I have check the biOps-package, but it does not work in windows 7.
So, someone knows if there is some special package about image analysis.  It would be really appreciated. I have never heard about image reseach like this. I think some geostatistical image package could help, but I have not idea.

Thank you in advance.
José

Re: Image processing and analysis with R

Mikkel Grum
http://www.sciviews.org/zooimage/

might be useful.

________________________________

Re: Image processing and analysis with R

Carl Witthoft
This isn't R, but you might find it quite useful:

http://rsbweb.nih.gov/ij/features.html   ImageJ

I've written centroid, Hough Transform, Sobel Transform, etc. in R, so
certainly it's possible to do image analysis.  You just may find other
tools better suited to your needs.

Carl
--
-----