Importing Genstat files into R

Graham Smith
Does anyone know if there is a package or other method of reading Genstat
files directly into R. Genstat isn't listed in the foreign package.

Many thanks,

Graham

Re: Importing Genstat files into R

justin bem
I dont know Genstat, but I if possible to export you
file to text or other readable format in foriegn why
not do it ?

--- Graham Smith <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Does anyone know if there is a package or other
> method of reading Genstat
> files directly into R. Genstat isn't listed in the
> foreign package.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Graham

Justin BEM
Elève Ingénieur Statisticien Economiste
BP 294 Yaoundé.
Tél (00237)9597295.

Re: Importing Genstat files into R

Marc Schwartz (via MN)
Another possibility might be a utility called DataLoad by David Baird.

It is available from:

http://www.american.edu/academic.depts/cas/econ/gaussres/utilitys/dataload.htm

and appears to support the conversion of GenStat files to other formats
(such as CSV), which you could then directly import into R.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 15:15 +0100, justin bem wrote:

> I dont know Genstat, but I if possible to export you
> file to text or other readable format in foriegn why
> not do it ?
>

> --- Graham Smith <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> > Does anyone know if there is a package or other
> > method of reading Genstat
> > files directly into R. Genstat isn't listed in the
> > foreign package.
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Graham

Re: Importing Genstat files into R

justin bem
Sorry, Graham

I didn't understand first. How cant I get Genstat ?
Best wishes for 2006.