Install R into mac

AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa-3
Dear All:

One of my students has  mac software  OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.5. He
could not install R into his mac laptop. I am not familiar with mac at all.
Any help will be appreciated.

with thanks
abou
______________________

*AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa, PhD*

*Professor of Statistics*
*Graduate Coordinator*

*Department of Mathematics and Statistics*
*University of Southern Maine*

Re: Install R into mac

Jeffrey Hunter
Hi,

What type of issues is your student running into?

Please review the following video install.

https://medium.com/@GalarnykMichael/install-r-and-rstudio-on-mac-e911606ce4f4 <https://medium.com/@GalarnykMichael/install-r-and-rstudio-on-mac-e911606ce4f4>

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeffrey M. Hunter
Senior DBA, Mathematical Programmer, Author
[hidden email]
www.idevelopment.info

A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without bricks tied to its head.

God rot Windows and all its ugly, clunky, badly-designed horror.
Stephen Fry

> On Sep 12, 2018, at 12:09 PM, AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear All:
>
> One of my students has  mac software  OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.5. He
> could not install R into his mac laptop. I am not familiar with mac at all.
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> with thanks
> abou
> ______________________
>

> *AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa, PhD*
>
> *Professor of Statistics*
> *Graduate Coordinator*
>
> *Department of Mathematics and Statistics*
> *University of Southern Maine*

Re: Install R into mac

Bert Gunter-2
You have given insufficient information for useful help. R installs
(from the Mac binary) without difficulty on my Mac.

Have your student post with sufficient details to the r-sig-mac list.

-- Bert

and sticking things into it."

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 9:10 AM AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All:
>
> One of my students has  mac software  OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.5. He
> could not install R into his mac laptop. I am not familiar with mac at all.
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> with thanks
> abou
>

> *AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa, PhD*
>
> *Professor of Statistics*
> *Graduate Coordinator*
>
> *Department of Mathematics and Statistics*
> *University of Southern Maine*

Re: Install R into mac

Jeff Newmiller
Also read the CRAN download web page which says 10.10.5 is too old for current supported versions of R. Could try an archived version or, better yet, upgrade the OS.