Install package "diagram"

AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa-3
Dear All:

I am trying to install the package "diagram". It is in the list. But when I
selected the package to install it, it says:

Question: "would you like to use a personal library instead?"

I selected No.

Then it says

> utils:::menuInstallPkgs()
Warning in install.packages(NULL, .libPaths()[1L], dependencies = NA, type
= type) :
  'lib = "C:/Program Files/R/R-3.4.1/library"' is not writable
Error in install.packages(NULL, .libPaths()[1L], dependencies = NA, type =
type) :
  unable to install packages

Any help will be appreciated.

with many thanks
abou

Fwd: Install package "diagram"

AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa-3
Dear All:

When I selected "yes" to the question Question: "would you like to use a
personal library instead?", it works

thanks any way
abou

--
______________________
AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa, PhD

Re: Fwd: Install package "diagram"

Jeff Newmiller
Indeed, that solution is usually the most straightforward one. For better or worse, this question is really about your operating system and its use of file access permissions, which is completely outside the scope of this mailing list and is for most people a hairy mess of complexity. For similar reasons I recommend vigorously AVOIDING the use of the Windows "Run As Administrator" option when installing the R software.

On August 16, 2017 9:01:37 AM PDT, AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Dear All:
>
>When I selected "yes" to the question Question: "would you like to use
>personal library instead?", it works
>
>thanks any way
>abou

Re: Install package "diagram"

PaulJohnson32gmail
On Wednesday, August 16, 2017, AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All:
>
> I am trying to install the package "diagram". It is in the list. But when I
> selected the package to install it, it says:
>
> Question: "would you like to use a personal library instead?"
>
> You should say yes here. Let go into directory where you are allowed to
write.

 Other one fails because you are not the administrator.
PJ

Paul E. Johnson   http://pj.freefaculty.org
Director, Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis http://crmda.ku.edu

To write to me directly, please address me at pauljohn at ku.edu.