Install repeated library

brp

Install repeated library

brp
Hello -

I cannot get to
www.alpha.luc.ac.be/~jlindsey/rcode.html<http://www.alpha.luc.ac.be/%7Ejlindsey/rcode.html>to
obtain and install the repeated library for use of glmm().  Is the web
page not active?  Can you give me an alternative location to obtain the
repeated library?

Thank you,
Becky Parker

Re: Install repeated library

Simon Blomberg-4
The repeated package is on CRAN. I installed it successfully from there.

Simon.

On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 10:41 -1200, Becky Parker wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I cannot get to
> www.alpha.luc.ac.be/~jlindsey/rcode.html<http://www.alpha.luc.ac.be/%7Ejlindsey/rcode.html>to
> obtain and install the repeated library for use of glmm().  Is the web
> page not active?  Can you give me an alternative location to obtain the
> repeated library?
>
> Thank you,
> Becky Parker

Simon Blomberg, BSc (Hons), PhD, MAppStat.
Lecturer and Consultant Statistician
Faculty of Biological and Chemical Sciences
The University of Queensland
St. Lucia Queensland 4072
Australia
Room 320 Goddard Building (8)
T: +61 7 3365 2506
email: S.Blomberg1_at_uq.edu.au

Policies:
1.  I will NOT analyse your data for you.
2.  Your deadline is your problem.

The combination of some data and an aching desire for
an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can
be extracted from a given body of data. - John Tukey.

Re: Install repeated library

Jonathan Baron
Try http://popgen.unimaas.nl/~jlindsey/rcode.html

Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
Editor: Judgment and Decision Making (http://journal.sjdm.org)

brp

Re: Install repeated library

brp
It worked.  The web page must have been down when I tried it the other day.
Thank you, Becky

brp

Re: Install repeated library

brp
I was able to get the repeated library from
http://popgen.unimaas.nl/~jlindsey/rcode.html<http://popgen.unimaas.nl/%7Ejlindsey/rcode.html>

I still have not been able to find the repeated library on CRAN.  It is not
listed on http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/PACKAGES.html

I also tried clicking on Packages > Install packages in R 2.4.1.  I selected
a CRAN mirror [tried both USA (CA 1) and India] and 'repeated' is not in the
list of packages.

What am I doing wrong?

Becky Parker

On 11/25/07, Simon Blomberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The repeated package is on CRAN. I installed it successfully from there.
>
> Simon.
>
> On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 10:41 -1200, Becky Parker wrote:
> > Hello -
> >
> > I cannot get to
> > www.alpha.luc.ac.be/~jlindsey/rcode.html<
> http://www.alpha.luc.ac.be/%7Ejlindsey/rcode.html>to
> > obtain and install the repeated library for use of glmm().  Is the web
> > page not active?  Can you give me an alternative location to obtain the
> > repeated library?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Becky Parker

> Simon Blomberg, BSc (Hons), PhD, MAppStat.
> Lecturer and Consultant Statistician
> Faculty of Biological and Chemical Sciences
> The University of Queensland
> St. Lucia Queensland 4072
> Australia
> Room 320 Goddard Building (8)
> T: +61 7 3365 2506
> email: S.Blomberg1_at_uq.edu.au
>
> Policies:
> 1.  I will NOT analyse your data for you.
> 2.  Your deadline is your problem.
>
> The combination of some data and an aching desire for
> an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can
> be extracted from a given body of data. - John Tukey.

Re: Install repeated library

Prof Brian Ripley
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Becky Parker wrote:

> I was able to get the repeated library from
> http://popgen.unimaas.nl/~jlindsey/rcode.html<http://popgen.unimaas.nl/%7Ejlindsey/rcode.html>
>
> I still have not been able to find the repeated library on CRAN.  It is not
> listed on http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/PACKAGES.html
>
> I also tried clicking on Packages > Install packages in R 2.4.1.  I selected
> a CRAN mirror [tried both USA (CA 1) and India] and 'repeated' is not in the
> list of packages.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Nothing.  AFAIK it has never been on CRAN.  BTW, the correct address _is_
in the R FAQ, section 5.1.5.

OTOH, expecting to use Windows binaries on such an old version of R will
be a problem (many newer packages and many bug fixes are not available),
as only 2.6.x is currently supported.  Please update to R 2.6.1.