Installation of R/qtl

Swapan Kumar Tripathy
Sir,
I have successfully installed R, but could not install the R/qtl.
There is instruction that "To install R/qtl, the simplest approach is to
start R and type install.packages("qtl"). But, I do not find any step where
to type install.packages("qtl") during the process of installing R.
 Kindly, advice me and suggest steps to install R/qtl.
Looking forward your suggestion.

--
*Dr. S.K. Tripathy*
*Professor (Agril. Biotechnology)*

Re: Installation of R/qtl

Knut Krueger-8
Am 27.09.2018 um 17:02 schrieb Swapan Kumar Tripathy:
> Sir,
> I have successfully installed R, but could not install the R/qtl.
> There is instruction that "To install R/qtl, the simplest approach is to
> start R and type install.packages("qtl"). But, I do not find any step where
> to type install.packages("qtl") during the process of installing R.
>   Kindly, advice me and suggest steps to install R/qtl.
> Looking forward your suggestion.

You can install packages only after R is installed and working.

If you are not familiar with the R console  you can try the GUI Rstudio
https://www.rstudio.com/

Kind regards Knut

Re: Installation of R/qtl

Rich Shepard
On Thu, 27 Sep 2018, Swapan Kumar Tripathy wrote:

> I have successfully installed R, but could not install the R/qtl. There is
> instruction that "To install R/qtl, the simplest approach is to start R
> and type install.packages("qtl"). But, I do not find any step where to
> type install.packages("qtl") during the process of installing R. Kindly,
> advice me and suggest steps to install R/qtl. Looking forward your
> suggestion.

Swapan,

   After installing R you need to invoke the application before you can use
it. From the command line type
When it loads you'll see the prompt > and you can then type
  install.packages("qtl")

   R will ask you to select a repository, then proceed to install the package
for you.

Regards,

Rich