Installing package into...

Steven Yen-2
I install package using either the command line or Tools -> Install
packages... (in RStudio) and get a non-fatal message saying...
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/xuhaer/Documents/R/win-library/3.5’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
I know it is not a fatal message. But, is there a way to do a cleaner
installation without getting such message? Thanks.

Re: Installing package into...

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 12/03/2019 11:05 a.m., Steven Yen wrote:
> I install package using either the command line or Tools -> Install
> packages... (in RStudio) and get a non-fatal message saying...
> Installing package into ‘C:/Users/xuhaer/Documents/R/win-library/3.5’
> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
> I know it is not a fatal message. But, is there a way to do a cleaner
> installation without getting such message? Thanks.

Have you tried specifying the library?  Then R wouldn't tell you its guess.

Re: Installing package into...

Michael Dewey-3
Dear Steven

If you use install,packages() from within R there is a lib argument. I
do not use RStudio so not sure how it works there.

Michael

--
Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html