Installing packages in bulk

Rich Shepard
   For a new installation of R-3.5.1 I want to install all packages on
another host. I prepared a file, R-libraries.R, which contains
install.packages('BH, ...') for the entire list.

   When I source() this file on the new host and select a CRAN mirror I see
the message, "Warning message:
package 'BH,covr, <etc>
[...truncated]

   Do I need a space after each comma or is there something else wrong with
my syntax?

Rich

Re: Installing packages in bulk

Bert Gunter-2
Your syntax is wrong.

pkgs

character ***vector*** of the names of packages

See the example at the end of ?install.packages.

"a","b", "c"  is **not** a vector
c("a", "b", "c")  **is** a vector.

-- Bert

sticking things into it."

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018, Bert Gunter wrote:

> Your syntax is wrong.
> See the example at the end of ?install.packages.

Bert,

   Thank you.

Rich