Installing required packages with an R package

Installing required packages with an R package

Polychronis Kostoulas-3
Dear All,
I am preparing an R-package and I would like to ask how do I make it check
whether dependencies (i.e. other packages) are already installed in a
machine and if they are not installed to automatically install them during
its installation.

Thanks,
Polychronis

Polychronis Kostoulas

Re: Installing required packages with an R package

Bert Gunter-2
This is better posted on the R-packages mailing list, not here.

Cheers,
Bert

sticking things into it."

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Polychronis Kostoulas <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All,
> I am preparing an R-package and I would like to ask how do I make it check
> whether dependencies (i.e. other packages) are already installed in a
> machine and if they are not installed to automatically install them during
> its installation.
>
> Thanks,
> Polychronis
>
> Polychronis Kostoulas

> posting-guide.html

Re: Installing required packages with an R package

Jeff Newmiller
R-package-devel is the better venue, as r-packages is only for announcements.

On May 7, 2018 12:17:34 PM PDT, Bert Gunter <[hidden email]> wrote:

>This is better posted on the R-packages mailing list, not here.
>
>Cheers,
>Bert
>
>Bert Gunter
>
>"The trouble with having an open mind is that people keep coming along
>and
>sticking things into it."
>-- Opus (aka Berkeley Breathed in his "Bloom County" comic strip )
>
>On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Polychronis Kostoulas <
>[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>> I am preparing an R-package and I would like to ask how do I make it
>check
>> whether dependencies (i.e. other packages) are already installed in a
>> machine and if they are not installed to automatically install them
>during
>> its installation.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Polychronis
>>
>> Polychronis Kostoulas

>> posting-guide.html

Re: Installing required packages with an R package

Bert Gunter-2
Thanks, Jeff. I stand corrected.

-- Bert

sticking things into it."

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 12:22 PM, Jeff Newmiller <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> R-package-devel is the better venue, as r-packages is only for
> announcements.
>
> On May 7, 2018 12:17:34 PM PDT, Bert Gunter <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >This is better posted on the R-packages mailing list, not here.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Bert
> >
> >Bert Gunter
> >
> >"The trouble with having an open mind is that people keep coming along
> >and
> >sticking things into it."
> >-- Opus (aka Berkeley Breathed in his "Bloom County" comic strip )
> >
> >On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Polychronis Kostoulas <
> >[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Dear All,
> >> I am preparing an R-package and I would like to ask how do I make it
> >check
> >> whether dependencies (i.e. other packages) are already installed in a
> >> machine and if they are not installed to automatically install them
> >during
> >> its installation.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Polychronis
> >>
> >> Polychronis Kostoulas
> >>
> >>         [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

> >> posting-guide.html

Re: Installing required packages with an R package

David Winsemius

> On May 7, 2018, at 11:06 AM, Polychronis Kostoulas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
> I am preparing an R-package and I would like to ask how do I make it check
> whether dependencies (i.e. other packages) are already installed in a
> machine and if they are not installed to automatically install them during
> its installation.

The right place to ask is the package-dev mailing list. It is possible to list dependencies and then users can specify dependencies=TRUE in their call to install.packages. I also know that there have been super-packages that do install multiple other packages. When you issue the command `library(tidyverse)` you get a boatload of packages loaded at once, so why not look at that example. It has R code in several modules.  The other mechanism I've seen is to construct a github page that has the needed code.

> Thanks,
> Polychronis
>
> Polychronis Kostoulas
>
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Rhelp is also a plain text mailing list.

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

Re: Installing required packages with an R package

Polychronis Kostoulas-3
Thanks Jeff and Bert,  will look there.

P.

Στις Δευ, 7 Μαϊ 2018 - 22:28 ο χρήστης Bert Gunter <[hidden email]>
έγραψε: