Quantcast

Is it possible or has it been done?

Keith S Weintraub
A port of R to iOS?

Thanks for your time,
KW

Re: Is it possible or has it been done?

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal
http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e11/help/10/08/6132.html

HTH,

-Roy

On Feb 12, 2012, at 3:24 PM, Keith Weintraub wrote:

> A port of R to iOS?
>
> Thanks for your time,
> KW

**********************
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst
NOAA/NMFS
Environmental Research Division
Southwest Fisheries Science Center
1352 Lighthouse Avenue
Pacific Grove, CA 93950-2097

e-mail: [hidden email] (Note new e-mail address)
voice: (831)-648-9029
fax: (831)-648-8440
www: http://www.pfeg.noaa.gov/

Re: Is it possible or has it been done?

Steve Lianoglou-6

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Keith Weintraub <[hidden email]> wrote:
> A port of R to iOS?

Technically it is certainly possible.

Legally, I don't think so.

This question has been posed several times already, so you can find
discussions about this issue by searching this list as well as
R-sig-mac (gmane is handy for that).

Here are some:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2010-May/240669.html
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2010-June/240901.html

Not sure if Apple's terms have changed since 2010, I'd be on "no."

My guess is that a port of R on iOS would likely only work on a
jailbroken device.

-steve
--
Steve Lianoglou

Re: Is it possible or has it been done?

Michael Weylandt
This might be a little astray, but it's certainly doable on Android
devices: http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=getting-started:installation:android

Michael

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Steve Lianoglou