Kendall tau a, b, or c

reichmaj
r-help Forum

Is there a function to calculate either Kendall tau a, b, or c.  It appears the Kendall library only calculates tau b.  Just wanted to check before writing a function to calculate the concordant and discordant pairs. Then its pretty easy.

jeff

Re: Kendall tau a, b, or c

Marc Schwartz-3

> On Jun 14, 2018, at 4:04 PM, JEFFERY REICHMAN <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> r-help Forum
>
> Is there a function to calculate either Kendall tau a, b, or c.  It appears the Kendall library only calculates tau b.  Just wanted to check before writing a function to calculate the concordant and discordant pairs. Then its pretty easy.
>
> jeff

Hi Jeff,

Take a look at my Github Gist here:

 https://gist.github.com/marcschwartz/3665743

I have b and c (among other measures), and supporting functions to calculate concordant and discordant pairs.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz

Re: Kendall tau a, b, or c

reichmaj
Marc

Thank you - that will save me some time.

Jeff

> On Jun 14, 2018, at 4:04 PM, JEFFERY REICHMAN <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> r-help Forum
>
> Is there a function to calculate either Kendall tau a, b, or c.  It
appears the Kendall library only calculates tau b.  Just wanted to check
before writing a function to calculate the concordant and discordant pairs.
Then its pretty easy.

> jeff

Hi Jeff,

Take a look at my Github Gist here:

 https://gist.github.com/marcschwartz/3665743

I have b and c (among other measures), and supporting functions to calculate
concordant and discordant pairs.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz

Re: Kendall tau a, b, or c

David Carlson
Also look at the DescTools package for functions KendallTauA, KendallTauB, StuartTauC().

David L Carlson
Department of Anthropology
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4352

Thank you - that will save me some time.

Jeff

> On Jun 14, 2018, at 4:04 PM, JEFFERY REICHMAN <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> r-help Forum
>
> Is there a function to calculate either Kendall tau a, b, or c.  It
appears the Kendall library only calculates tau b.  Just wanted to check
before writing a function to calculate the concordant and discordant pairs.
Then its pretty easy.

> jeff

Hi Jeff,

Take a look at my Github Gist here:

 https://gist.github.com/marcschwartz/3665743

I have b and c (among other measures), and supporting functions to calculate
concordant and discordant pairs.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz

Re: Kendall tau a, b, or c

reichmaj
Dr. Carlson

Yes, just became aware of the DescTools library after working off Marcs R Code last night. Oh well now I have two options.

Thanks

Jeff

 To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>, "'Marc Schwartz'" <[hidden email]>
 Cc: "'R-help'" <[hidden email]>

 wrote:

 > r-help Forum
 >
 > Is there a function to calculate either
 Kendall tau a, b, or c.  It
 appears the
 Kendall library only calculates tau b.  Just wanted to
 check
 before writing a function to calculate
 the concordant and discordant pairs.
 Then
 its pretty easy.

 jeff

 Hi Jeff,

 Take a look at my Github Gist here:

  https://gist.github.com/marcschwartz/3665743

 I have b and c (among other
 measures), and supporting functions to calculate
 concordant and discordant pairs.

 Regards,

 Marc Schwartz

 and provide commented, minimal, self-contained,
 reproducible code.