LINUX gfortran.so.3 missing

R help mailing list-2
All,

I wanted to share this with the users.  I have been having periodic
issues with packages loading with a missing gfortran.so.3 file.  I have
found this is due to system upgrades to my fedora linux computers to a
newer version of gfortran. I am not sure if other linux flavors have
this issue or not, but I expect if you do a major version upgrade it
will happen.

The fix is to re-install the packages that was linked to gfortran.so.3.
This is a real simple fix, only I don't know what packages are at issue
to re-install all at one time, so periodically I have this issue appears
much to my exasperation.

If anyone knows how to determine all installed packages with a gfortran
dependencies, then we could submit a short update script for this.

Thanks
Joe