Linguistic Analysis with own dictionary

BenjaminB
Hello dear R-community

I am a beginner with this software and need to analyse "the tone" of statements from managers. (which are in simple txt files)
I have already an english dictionary in an excel spreadsheet with 7 different sentiment categorisations.

My goal is to put that dictionary into R and count the negative and positive words of the different statements but I did not find anything so far and have no clue how to do it, that's the reason why I reach out to you guys and hope you could help!

The link to the dictionary: http://www3.nd.edu/~mcdonald/Word_Lists.html called "Master dictionary"