Linux and proxy problem (PR#8488)

taccioli.1
Dear R staff
I'm a osu Ph.D.
I have a problem with Linux.
I usually start R on Windows OS by dos shell:
c:\Program Files\R\R-2.2.1\bin\Rgui.exe --internet2
With no script --internet2 i can't connect to
bioconductor to download bioconductor packages.
A real problem is that I can't do this with Linux:    R --internet2   command doesn't work.
My system administrator doesn't know Linux.
Can you help me?
Regards
Cristian

Re: Linux and proxy problem (PR#8488)

Kasper Daniel Hansen
Christian

1. This is not a bug, please read the posting rules.
2. You have submitted two bug reports

This means a member of R-core has to spend valuable time cleaning up
after you. Behavior like this is not going to help you getting an
answer.

Nevertheless, I will try: you are probably behind a firewall. Your
system administrator needs to allow R to access the internet. This
has nothing to do with R and everything to do with how your network
is configured. This is something your system administrator should be
able to help you with. Can you access the internet at all from your
linux box?

/Kasper