Mailing list for download

Sigbert Klinke
Hi,

is it possible to get all the mails of the mailing list / mail archives
for download (preferably in XML format)?

Thanks Sigbert

Re: Mailing list for download

Henrique Dallazuanna
Yes,

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Sigbert Klinke
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to get all the mails of the mailing list / mail archives
> for download (preferably in XML format)?
>
> Thanks Sigbert

Henrique Dallazuanna
Curitiba-Paraná-Brasil
25° 25' 40" S 49° 16' 22" O

Re: Mailing list for download

Jonathan Baron
This is what I do to make the search database at
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu, which is also used for RSiteSearch.

Here is an example:

wget -r -np -p --no-check-certificate https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2009-February/

I do this for each month.  But you could probably modify this to do it
all at once.  I run this as root, on linux.  (I'm not sure WHY I do it
as root, and probably you don't need to do that.)

This then gets dumped in a directory called stat.ethz.ch, with many subdirectories.

Jon

Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron