Max/min problems in multivariate calculus

Max/min problems in multivariate calculus

edoardo baldoni
Dear R-help,

I would like to ask you how to find the critical points of a function of
several variables such as the following one:

x = seq(-10,10,0.2)
y = seq(-10,10,0.2)
zfunc = function(x,y) x^2 + y^2
z = outer(x,y,zfunc)
persp(x,y,z,theta = 30,phi=1,ticktype='detailed')

Thanks

Edoardo

Re: Max/min problems in multivariate calculus

Bert Gunter
Homework?  We don't do homework here...

-- Bert

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Edoardo Baldoni <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Dear R-help,
>
> I would like to ask you how to find the critical points of a function of
> several variables such as the following one:
>
> x = seq(-10,10,0.2)
> y = seq(-10,10,0.2)
> zfunc = function(x,y) x^2 + y^2
> z = outer(x,y,zfunc)
> persp(x,y,z,theta = 30,phi=1,ticktype='detailed')
>

> Thanks
>
> Edoardo

Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics

Internal Contact Info: