Merge multiple google xls files

Rossmolden

I am trying to merge a list of .xls files in google drive. I have now managed to create a list of all the files I need, but for some reason I still can't manage to merge them, this is the code I have so far:

library(googledrive) inputfiles <- drive_ls(path = "Email It In", pattern = "*PDOL_dataexport", n_max = 50)

library(readxl) df.list<- lapply(inputfiles,function(x) read_xls(x)) library(dplyr) consolidated_data<-bind_rows(df.list)

The second part of the code throws up the following error:

Error: path must be a string

I must be entering the path (inputfiles) incorrectly for lapply, can someone please help?