Most recent version of R for IBM Power8 Ubuntu environment

Most recent version of R for IBM Power8 Ubuntu environment

Bill.Glessner
Good afternoon,

What is the most recent version of R known to run reliably in an environment of IBM HPC cluster Power8 systems, Ubuntu 16.04.1 operating system, with gpfs as the cluster file-system? It would seem to be R version 3.2.3; however, that one is not current enough for all the packages that are required by a number of research projects at the university. R version 3.5.1 has been built and run through 'make check' without incident; but, when actual project work began, the cluster-node running the R application became hung, requiring a reboot to re-enable the gpfs daemon and communication with the cluster storage-node.
Thank you for your assistance.

Bill Glessner       - Central Washington University

Re: Most recent version of R for IBM Power8 Ubuntu environment

Jeff Newmiller
Y'know, there is a mailing list for that (kind of question)... R-sig-debian...