Multiple xyplots on the same page

Ravi Varadhan
Hi,

I am using the "xyplot" function in the "lattice" package to generate
multiple plots, but I would like to have them plotted on the same page.  I
would like to set something equivalent to the command:  par(mfrow=c(2,2)),
in order that I can plot 4 xyplots on the same page.  How can I do this in
"xyplot"?

I am using R version 2.1.1 on Windows.

Thanks very much,

Ravi.

Re: Multiple xyplots on the same page

Liaw, Andy
See ?print.trellis.

Andy

From: Ravi Varadhan

> Hi,
>

> I am using the "xyplot" function in the "lattice" package to generate
> multiple plots, but I would like to have them plotted on the
> same page.  I
> would like to set something equivalent to the command:
> par(mfrow=c(2,2)),
> in order that I can plot 4 xyplots on the same page.  How can
> I do this in
> "xyplot"?
>
> I am using R version 2.1.1 on Windows.
>

> Thanks very much,
>
> Ravi.

Re: Multiple xyplots on the same page

Ravi Varadhan
Thank you very much, Andy.  It was quite helpful, and I was able to plot 4
xyplots on one page, but I still couldn't get the legends to fit properly
within each plot, as they were not scaled down automatically. Any hints on
how I can shrink the size of legend in each plot to fit?

Thanks,
Ravi.

Sorry, that's beyond me.  I've never tried that myself.

Andy

From: Ravi Varadhan

> Thank you very much, Andy.  It was quite helpful, and I was
> able to plot 4
> xyplots on one page, but I still couldn't get the legends to
> fit properly
> within each plot, as they were not scaled down automatically.
> Any hints on
> how I can shrink the size of legend in each plot to fit?
>
> Thanks,
> Ravi.

Deepayan Sarkar
On 2/1/06, Ravi Varadhan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you very much, Andy.  It was quite helpful, and I was able to plot 4
> xyplots on one page, but I still couldn't get the legends to fit properly
> within each plot, as they were not scaled down automatically. Any hints on
> how I can shrink the size of legend in each plot to fit?

The parameter to `shrink' things is usually called 'cex' (or some
variation of that). There is (or at least should be) a way to control
the size of each component of a key (described in the documentation).
There's no global way to shrink or expand a key.

Deepayan
--
http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~deepayan/

Re: Multiple xyplots on the same page

Sundar Dorai-Raj
Hi, Ravi,

How are you creating the legend? Here's a trivial example where you can
add a cex argument to "auto.key":

library(lattice)
trellis.par.set(theme = col.whitebg())
xy <- xyplot(decrease ~ treatment, OrchardSprays,
              groups = rowpos, type = "a",
              auto.key = list(x = 0.2, y = 0.9,
                cex = 0.75, points = FALSE, lines = TRUE))

print(xy, pos = c(0.0, 0.0, 0.5, 0.5), more = TRUE)
print(xy, pos = c(0.0, 0.5, 0.5, 1.0), more = TRUE)
print(xy, pos = c(0.5, 0.0, 1.0, 0.5), more = TRUE)
print(xy, pos = c(0.5, 0.5, 1.0, 1.0), more = FALSE)

HTH,

--sundar