Network meta-analysis help

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Network meta-analysis help

R help mailing list-2
Greetings. I hope my message finds you well.

I know this question may be silly for some experts like you but it's a very important matter for me so, sorry for that.

I was trying to make a network meta-analysis using R for the attached data set which shows the association between breast feeding and autism spectrum disorder (the event here is bad).

I've searched a lot through the internet but no clear guidelines on how to do network meta-analysis and produce the related figures (Forest plot, Network plot, Heat map .... ect).

I've installed "netmeta" pack successfully.

Can you help me in this matter ? or even guide me where to find help ?

I really need to finish this analysis.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks in advance.
______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Network meta-analysis help

David Winsemius

> On Sep 19, 2017, at 6:18 PM, Sherief Ghozy via R-help <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Greetings. I hope my message finds you well.
>
> I know this question may be silly for some experts like you but it's a very important matter for me so, sorry for that.
>
> I was trying to make a network meta-analysis using R for the attached data set

Nope. It probably wasn't a MIME-text file.


> which shows the association between breast feeding and autism spectrum disorder (the event here is bad).
>
> I've searched a lot through the internet but no clear guidelines on how to do network meta-analysis and produce the related figures (Forest plot, Network plot, Heat map .... ect).
>
> I've installed "netmeta" pack successfully.
>
> Can you help me in this matter ? or even guide me where to find help ?
>
> I really need to finish this analysis.

I think that if you read the Posting Guide you will find that your question is rather off-topic for rhelp. I think it may be more on-topic at https://crossvalidated.com/

>
> Sorry for any inconvenience.


--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

'Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.'   -Gehm's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Network meta-analysis help

Jim Lemon-4
In reply to this post by R help mailing list-2
Hi Sherief,
First thing is your data set did not make it  If it is not too large,
perhaps you could send the output of "dput" in the body of the message
or send a CSV file with the extension changed to ".txt". If the data
set is very large, perhaps you could send a subset as described above.

Jim


On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Sherief Ghozy via R-help
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings. I hope my message finds you well.
>
> I know this question may be silly for some experts like you but it's a very important matter for me so, sorry for that.
>
> I was trying to make a network meta-analysis using R for the attached data set which shows the association between breast feeding and autism spectrum disorder (the event here is bad).
>
> I've searched a lot through the internet but no clear guidelines on how to do network meta-analysis and produce the related figures (Forest plot, Network plot, Heat map .... ect).
>
> I've installed "netmeta" pack successfully.
>
> Can you help me in this matter ? or even guide me where to find help ?
>
> I really need to finish this analysis.
>
> Sorry for any inconvenience.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Network meta-analysis help

Bert Gunter-2
No "clear guidelines" ??!!

A google search on "network meta-analysis" produced a whole bunch of hits,
including this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23674332

While "clear" is undefined (what is clear to you may be opaque to me), it
is hard for me to believe that none of the search results suit. But be that
as it may, I think your query would be better posted on a statistics list
like stats.stackexchange.com . There someone may be able to help guide you
to appropriate statistical resources. Once you've figured out the concepts,
you should have a much easier time with the relevant R package(s).


Cheers,
Bert





Bert Gunter

"The trouble with having an open mind is that people keep coming along and
sticking things into it."
-- Opus (aka Berkeley Breathed in his "Bloom County" comic strip )

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 3:11 PM, Jim Lemon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Sherief,
> First thing is your data set did not make it  If it is not too large,
> perhaps you could send the output of "dput" in the body of the message
> or send a CSV file with the extension changed to ".txt". If the data
> set is very large, perhaps you could send a subset as described above.
>
> Jim
>
>
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Sherief Ghozy via R-help
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Greetings. I hope my message finds you well.
> >
> > I know this question may be silly for some experts like you but it's a
> very important matter for me so, sorry for that.
> >
> > I was trying to make a network meta-analysis using R for the attached
> data set which shows the association between breast feeding and autism
> spectrum disorder (the event here is bad).
> >
> > I've searched a lot through the internet but no clear guidelines on how
> to do network meta-analysis and produce the related figures (Forest plot,
> Network plot, Heat map .... ect).
> >
> > I've installed "netmeta" pack successfully.
> >
> > Can you help me in this matter ? or even guide me where to find help ?
> >
> > I really need to finish this analysis.
> >
> > Sorry for any inconvenience.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > ______________________________________________
> > [hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
> > https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> > PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/
> posting-guide.html
> > and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/
> posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.