New package: remindR

Bert Gunter-2
Note: The following post to r-packages seems not to have made it to
r-help for some reason. So I am replicating it explicitly here.

-- Bert Gunter

remindR is a simple, small package with essentially a single purpose:
to Insert/extract text "reminders" into/from function source code
comments or as the "comment" attribute of any object. The intent is
that the former could be handy in the course of program development to
remind one of e.g. argument requirements, to-do's, required options
settings, etc. The latter, which just wraps R's existing comment()
function, could also be used to provide information on objects or to
provide simple manual "tooltips" for users.

If interested, please have a look at the package vignette, which
provide a fuller explanation of how and why this might be useful and
how it works.

All feedback welcome: [hidden email]

Re: New package: remindR

Bert Gunter-2
Thanks, Marc.

That is puzzling, as I did not. Ergo: my bad! However, I'm happy to be
wrong, and want to note publicly that I am, so people don't waste any
time wondering why. Hopefully, no harm done.

Cheers,
Bert

and sticking things into it."