Quantcast

Non date value

Threaded

Non date value

Ashta
Hi all,
I am reading  a field data that contains several variables. The sample
of the data with the first two variables is shown below.  I wanted to
know the minimum  and maximum recording date   However, I have some
problem.

Name      Rdate     V1 to  V20
Alex1    01/03/2015
Alex2    01/03/2014
Alex3    31/12/2012
Alex4    15/01/2011
Alex150  22/01/2010
Alex151  15/02/2011

DF1=DF1[!is.na(DF1$Rdate),]
range(DF1$Rdate, na.rm=TRUE)

Warning message:
In is.na(DF1$Rdate) :
  is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) of type 'NULL'
Error in DF1$Rdate : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors
Execution halted

I am expecting the Rdate field should contain  recording dates. I  am
suspecting there might be a non date  value in that columns. How do I
remove that row if it is not a date format?

Thank you.

Threaded

Re: Non date value

Bert Gunter-2
Show us str(DF1) . It is not a data frame.

-- Bert

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 9:02 PM, Ashta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am reading  a field data that contains several variables. The sample
> of the data with the first two variables is shown below.  I wanted to
> know the minimum  and maximum recording date   However, I have some
> problem.
>

> Name      Rdate     V1 to  V20
> Alex1    01/03/2015
> Alex2    01/03/2014
> Alex3    31/12/2012
> Alex4    15/01/2011
> Alex150  22/01/2010
> Alex151  15/02/2011
>

> DF1=DF1[!is.na(DF1$Rdate),]
> range(DF1$Rdate, na.rm=TRUE)
>
> Warning message:
> In is.na(DF1$Rdate) :
>   is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) of type 'NULL'
> Error in DF1$Rdate : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors
> Execution halted
>
> I am expecting the Rdate field should contain  recording dates. I  am
> suspecting there might be a non date  value in that columns. How do I
> remove that row if it is not a date format?
>

> Thank you.

Threaded

Re: Non date value

Ashta
DF1 is a data frame.   I am suspecting there might be non date value
in that column. My question is how to  remove  a non date values  from
 that field.
example if Alex152 has  12253,. This value is not a date format.

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 11:24 PM, Bert Gunter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Show us str(DF1) . It is not a data frame.
>
> -- Bert
>

> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 9:02 PM, Ashta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I am reading  a field data that contains several variables. The sample
>> of the data with the first two variables is shown below.  I wanted to
>> know the minimum  and maximum recording date   However, I have some
>> problem.
>>

>> Name      Rdate     V1 to  V20
>> Alex1    01/03/2015
>> Alex2    01/03/2014
>> Alex3    31/12/2012
>> Alex4    15/01/2011
>> Alex150  22/01/2010
>> Alex151  15/02/2011
>>

>> DF1=DF1[!is.na(DF1$Rdate),]
>> range(DF1$Rdate, na.rm=TRUE)
>>
>> Warning message:
>> In is.na(DF1$Rdate) :
>>   is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) of type 'NULL'
>> Error in DF1$Rdate : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors
>> Execution halted
>>
>> I am expecting the Rdate field should contain  recording dates. I  am
>> suspecting there might be a non date  value in that columns. How do I
>> remove that row if it is not a date format?
>>

>> Thank you.

Threaded

Re: Non date value

Jeff Newmiller
You don't follow instructions very well. Read the Posting Guide more carefully.

On April 14, 2017 9:39:30 PM PDT, Ashta <[hidden email]> wrote:

>DF1 is a data frame.   I am suspecting there might be non date value
>in that column. My question is how to  remove  a non date values  from
> that field.
>example if Alex152 has  12253,. This value is not a date format.
>

>On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 11:24 PM, Bert Gunter <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>> Show us str(DF1) . It is not a data frame.
>>
>> -- Bert
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 9:02 PM, Ashta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I am reading  a field data that contains several variables. The
>sample
>>> of the data with the first two variables is shown below.  I wanted
>>> know the minimum  and maximum recording date   However, I have some
>>> problem.
>>>

>>> Name      Rdate     V1 to  V20
>>> Alex1    01/03/2015
>>> Alex2    01/03/2014
>>> Alex3    31/12/2012
>>> Alex4    15/01/2011
>>> Alex150  22/01/2010
>>> Alex151  15/02/2011
>>>

>>> DF1=DF1[!is.na(DF1$Rdate),]
>>> range(DF1$Rdate, na.rm=TRUE)
>>>
>>> Warning message:
>>> In is.na(DF1$Rdate) :
>>>   is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) of type 'NULL'
>>> Error in DF1$Rdate : $ operator is invalid for atomic vectors
>>> Execution halted
>>>
>>> I am expecting the Rdate field should contain  recording dates. I
>am
>>> suspecting there might be a non date  value in that columns. How do
>>> remove that row if it is not a date format?
>>>

>>> Thank you.

Threaded

Re: Non date value

Ashta