Nonlinear equation

robert-mcfadden
Dear R Users,
I'm trying to find function that allow me to solve one nonlinear equation. Functions that I found are good for optimization problems.
Any suggestions are welcome,
rob

Re: Nonlinear equation

Stefan Grosse-2
On Wednesday 02 April 2008 04:58:28 pm [hidden email] wrote:
ro> I'm trying to find function that allow me to solve one nonlinear
ro>  equation. Functions that I found are good for optimization problems.

You are not very specific. If you want what I guess you should have a look at
a CAS program like yacas or maxima. For maxima there exists a nice gui called
wxMaxima.

However you can use yacas from whithin R with the ryacas package:
http://code.google.com/p/ryacas/

hth
Stefan
--
Microeconomics
University of Erfurt

Re: Nonlinear equation

Earl F. Glynn
<[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Dear R Users,
> I'm trying to find function that allow me to solve one nonlinear equation.
> Functions that I found are good for optimization problems.

Perhaps try nlm or optim functions.

Earl F. Glynn
Bioinformatics
Stowers Institute for Medical Research

Re: Nonlinear equation

Berend Hasselman
Robert Mcfadden wrote
Dear R Users,
I'm trying to find function that allow me to solve one nonlinear equation. Functions that I found are good for optimization problems.
How about

?uniroot