Not working with intel macs (PR#8608)

drego.student
Full_Name: Dina Rego
Version: R Cocoa GUI 1.14
OS: Intel Mac 10.4.4
Submission from: (NULL) (24.199.98.228)

I recently bought the new intel imac and every program I had on my old computer
(shareware and all) works on my new computer except R.  When you double click
it, it seems like it's going to launch (it does that box rushing to the screen
thing) but nothing happens.  I need this program for class!! Please update
soon!!!

Re: Not working with intel macs (PR#8608)

Kasper Daniel Hansen
Please read the R-sig-mac list (the list for special interest in R on
Macs) for a discussion of universal binaries on the Mac Intel platform.

/Kasper

On Feb 15, 2006, at 5:46 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Full_Name: Dina Rego
> Version: R Cocoa GUI 1.14
> OS: Intel Mac 10.4.4
> Submission from: (NULL) (24.199.98.228)
>

> I recently bought the new intel imac and every program I had on my
> old computer
> (shareware and all) works on my new computer except R.  When you
> double click
> it, it seems like it's going to launch (it does that box rushing to
> the screen
> thing) but nothing happens.  I need this program for class!! Please
> update
> soon!!!

Re: Not working with intel macs (PR#8608)

stefano iacus
Please send the output of the crash.log (you can find it via
console.app).
R.app is supposed to run under rosetta as well.
Btw, we are about to release a Universal Binary of R.app.
Please read R-Sig-Mac and don't send msgs to R-bugs.
stefano