Older financials?

Mark Knecht
I'm reading a book on quant value investing that wants to look at more
financial data than I'm getting with the small program below. Looking at
the getFinancials help page I'm not seeing anything that tells it to go
back more than 4 years. Is there a way to do that with free data or is this
a limitation WRT what Google provides and you have to go somewhere else/pay
money to get it?

Thanks,
Mark

library(quantmod);

SymList=c("MCD","GD","AAPL");
Quotes = getQuote(SymList, src="yahoo");

for (Sym in SymList){
  getFinancials(Sym, src="google");
  getDividends(Sym, src="google");
}

print(Quotes)

print(viewFinancials(MCD.f, period="Q", type="IS"))
print(viewFinancials(MCD.f, period="A", type="CF"))
print(viewFinancials(MCD.f, period="Q", type="BS"))

markknecht@gmail.com

Re: Older financials?

Erol Biceroglu-2
Hi Mark,

The only data source I've been able to find that's affordable is Sharadar's
fundamental data, which can be downloaded with the "quandl" R Package.
Note, it's a premium database (not free), details are on quandl's website.
Lastly, they are adding de-listed companies, but my understanding is that
it's not completely free from survivorship bias.  Note, I personally have
not used it yet.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any other thoughts as well.  My
apologies if my the comments above are not completely on topic.

Erol Biceroglu

*[hidden email]
<[hidden email]>416-275-7970*

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 2:33 PM, Mark Knecht <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm reading a book on quant value investing that wants to look at more
> financial data than I'm getting with the small program below. Looking at
> the getFinancials help page I'm not seeing anything that tells it to go
> back more than 4 years. Is there a way to do that with free data or is this
> a limitation WRT what Google provides and you have to go somewhere else/pay
> money to get it?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> library(quantmod);
>
> SymList=c("MCD","GD","AAPL");
> Quotes = getQuote(SymList, src="yahoo");
>
> for (Sym in SymList){
>   getFinancials(Sym, src="google");
>   getDividends(Sym, src="google");
> }
>
> print(Quotes)
>
> print(viewFinancials(MCD.f, period="Q", type="IS"))
> print(viewFinancials(MCD.f, period="A", type="CF"))
> print(viewFinancials(MCD.f, period="Q", type="BS"))

> should go.

Re: Older financials?

Mark Knecht
Thanks Erol. I'll give it a look.