Open a new script from R command prompt

Ronnie Babigumira
Hi, (this is a minor irritation), is it possible for me to call R's editor from the R command prompt (I searched for
script but that didn't yield anything). (The mouse-file-new-script route is a minor irritation )

Re: Open a new script from R command prompt

bogdan romocea
Are you talking about Rgui on Windows? Use the shortcut, Alt-F-N.

Re: Open a new script from R command prompt

Ronnie Babigumira
Apologies for not giving details of my system. Yes, Rgui on windows and yes Alt-F-N did the trick.

Many thanks

bogdan romocea wrote:

> Are you talking about Rgui on Windows? Use the shortcut, Alt-F-N.

justin bem

Ronnie Babigumira <[hidden email]> a écrit :  Hi, (this is a minor irritation), is it possible for me to call R's editor from the R command prompt (I searched for
script but that didn't yield anything). (The mouse-file-new-script route is a minor irritation )

Re: Open a new script from R command prompt

Ronnie Babigumira
Hi Justin
Thanks. Kort had pointed me in the same direction however, using this means I cannot see my output until I close the
editor window. Bodgan proposed Alt-F-N and while this is not a command issued at the command prompt, it opens the editor
without having to use the mouse so I will live with it.

Ronnie