Quantcast

Package 'fCalendar'

Britt Grt

Dear,

I'm a master student mathematics at university Gent, who's writing a thesis about vines and copula's.
I'm in trouble with the package 'fCalendar' which I need for running 'QRMlib'.
The problem is that 'fCalendar' doesn't have a namespace. I need to use R.2.14.1 because
I also need the package 'vines' which only works for R.2.14.1.
I'm afraid making a namespace myself is much too complicated, I read much about it,
but I really do'nt know how to do it exactly.
Is it possible to get a version of fCalendar' with namespace, so adjusted for R.2.14.1?
A tar.gz file would be fine.
I really hope you can help me,

kind regards,
Britt Grootaerd

Re: Package 'fCalendar'

Michael Weylandt
I believe fCalendar was replaced by timeDate which does have a
namespace and can be acquired from CRAN.

Michael

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 5:41 AM, Britt Grt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I'm a master student mathematics at university Gent, who's writing a thesis about vines and copula's.
> I'm in trouble with the package 'fCalendar' which I need for running 'QRMlib'.
> The problem is that 'fCalendar' doesn't have a namespace. I need to use R.2.14.1 because
> I also need the package 'vines' which only works for R.2.14.1.
> I'm afraid making a namespace myself is much too complicated, I read much about it,
> but I really do'nt know how to do it exactly.
> Is it possible to get a version of fCalendar' with namespace, so adjusted for R.2.14.1?
> A tar.gz file would be fine.
> I really hope you can help me,
>
> kind regards,
> Britt Grootaerd

Re: Package 'fCalendar'

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr.
Hello Brit and Michael,

indeed, fCalendar was replaced by timeDate (so was fSeries by timeSeries). Old versions of both packages are in the CRAN archive. Now, with respect to QRMlib, the package author/maintainer (cc'ed to this email) is pretty close to a re-submittance of his package to CRAN. Having said this, it might be worth waiting before you are trying to get QRMlib running based on the above mentioned, but remnoved from CRAN packages.  Scott, do you have a tentative schedule for the re-release of your package on CRAN in mind?

Best,
Bernhard