Quantcast

Package index help file question.

Damien Georges

Dear R developers,

I come to you because nobody was able to answer the following request yet.

I'm developing a release of BIOMOD package called biomod2
( https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=302).

I'm writing my package helps files and I'm not really satisfied by the
visual results.

I would like to make subsections in the  package "function help index" file.

I would like for example to put all S4 object documentation link
together, then all the getters & setters functions.. and so on..

Do you know if it's possible to do it?
Is it possible to define by myself the html/00index.html file that will
be use to build my package index file?

If it's not possible, how could I add the alphabetic subsections that
exists in most of packages index help files without raising the 100
functions' help files?

Thanks in advances,

Best,

Damien G.

Re: Package index help file question.

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 01/08/2012 10:10 AM, Damien Georges wrote:

> Dear R developers,
>
> I come to you because nobody was able to answer the following request yet.
>
> I'm developing a release of BIOMOD package called biomod2
> ( https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=302).
>
> I'm writing my package helps files and I'm not really satisfied by the
> visual results.
>
> I would like to make subsections in the  package "function help index" file.
>
> I would like for example to put all S4 object documentation link
> together, then all the getters & setters functions.. and so on..
>
> Do you know if it's possible to do it?
> Is it possible to define by myself the html/00index.html file that will
> be use to build my package index file?
>
> If it's not possible, how could I add the alphabetic subsections that
> exists in most of packages index help files without raising the 100
> functions' help files?

There isn't any support for either of those things, but R is open
source, so you might be able to do it.

The HTML index is created when the package is installed by the
tools:::.writePkgIndices function, and is displayed by the tools:::httpd
function.  You could modify either of those to either install or to just
display something different.  Or more simply, you could write your own
file and replace the 00Index.html file after your package is installed.