Package parallel missing from CRAN_package_db

Package parallel missing from CRAN_package_db

R help mailing list-2
Dear all,

I am using the CRAN_package_db function to determine whether the head versions of certain packages match those I need. The parallel package though, is missing from the database:

> pdb <- tools:::CRAN_package_db()
> pdb[pdb$Package=="parallel",]["Package"]
[1] Package
<0 rows> (or 0-length row.names)

Is this a bug that needs to be reported (where?) ? Or is there other reason for this package to be missing from the database?

Thank you.

--
Luís

Re: Package parallel missing from CRAN_package_db

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 09/05/2018 8:23 AM, Luí­s Moreira de Sousa via R-help wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am using the CRAN_package_db function to determine whether the head versions of certain packages match those I need. The parallel package though, is missing from the database:
>
>> pdb <- tools:::CRAN_package_db()
>> pdb[pdb$Package=="parallel",]["Package"]
> [1] Package
> <0 rows> (or 0-length row.names)
>
> Is this a bug that needs to be reported (where?) ? Or is there other reason for this package to be missing from the database?

parallel is a base package.  By definition, it is updated only when R is
updated.  You can't install it from CRAN unless you install all of R.

Re: Package parallel missing from CRAN_package_db

Ista Zahn
Hi Luís,

The parallel package is built-in, and so is not distributed via cran.
You'll see the same thing for all the built in packages, e.g.,

> pdb[pdb$Package=="stats",]["Package"]
[1] Package
<0 rows> (or 0-length row.names)

> pdb[pdb$Package=="splines",]["Package"]
[1] Package
<0 rows> (or 0-length row.names)

> pdb[pdb$Package=="tools",]["Package"]
[1] Package
<0 rows> (or 0-length row.names)

--Ista

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 8:23 AM, Luí­s Moreira de Sousa via R-help
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am using the CRAN_package_db function to determine whether the head versions of certain packages match those I need. The parallel package though, is missing from the database:
>
>> pdb <- tools:::CRAN_package_db()
>> pdb[pdb$Package=="parallel",]["Package"]
> [1] Package
> <0 rows> (or 0-length row.names)
>
> Is this a bug that needs to be reported (where?) ? Or is there other reason for this package to be missing from the database?
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Luís
>
> Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com) Secure Email.

Re: Package parallel missing from CRAN_package_db

R help mailing list-2
Thank you Ista and Duncan for the swift replies.

Regards.

​--

Luís

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​