Pin package/s

lpuerto
Hi!

I don’t know if you know package manager for macOS Homebrew. With Homebrew there is a way to stop update certain packages:

brew pin <formula/package>

Does anyone know a way to do a similar thing with R packages?

In the same way, it would be great to be able to receive a notification –an email– when a new version of a package reach CRAN or any other repository.

I would like to have something like this because the Data Table package has a certain makevars necessities when it’s built in a Homebrew R install. It isn’t really problematic since it the package hasn’t built correctly when you load it on R it will display a message. However, I’m thinking that perhaps something like this could be useful also for other packages.

Thanks!