Plot Rclimdex or Climpact map with R

R help mailing list-2
HelloI am using Rclimdex and Climpact packages to compute some indices. Having the location of all my stations I wish to plot the resultats on a map. Is there a way to simply do it from the packages or how to do it for someone who does not master R software?thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Re: Plot Rclimdex or Climpact map with R

Jim Lemon-4
Hi Agathe,
You can start with the "maps" package:

# in an R session
install.packages("maps")
# assume you want a simple map containing France
map("world",xlim=c(-6.0,9.6),ylim=c(42,51.5))

then plot your data by the coordinates of the stations. You will
probably want to plot graphical elements to represent your data
values. There are a number of ways to represent more than one value at
a point with various combinations of shape, size, color and so on.
Perhaps with more information about what you want to display I could
be more specific.

Jim

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 1:18 AM, ouedraogo_agathe via R-help
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> HelloI am using Rclimdex and Climpact packages to compute some indices. Having the location of all my stations I wish to plot the resultats on a map. Is there a way to simply do it from the packages or how to do it for someone who does not master R software?thanks

Re: Plot Rclimdex or Climpact map with R

R help mailing list-2
For example the packages compute some indices let's say total precipitation (annua). So i ll have for each station a table representing annual totals with the trend slope. So i would like to put them on a map ( a county in Kenya) so that i can easily see the trend spatially.