Plotting Landscape in R-Studio

reichmaj
R-Help

How can I format a plot within R-Studio  (Plot Windows) to conform to an 8.5
x 11-  landscape.  Such that when I Export - Copy to Clip board I can past
plot into word.

Jeff

Re: Plotting Landscape in R-Studio

David Winsemius

> On Feb 11, 2017, at 8:26 AM, Jeff Reichman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> R-Help
>

> How can I format a plot within R-Studio  (Plot Windows) to conform to an 8.5
> x 11-  landscape.  Such that when I Export - Copy to Clip board I can past
> plot into word.

This is really the wrong venue for asking questions about transferring graphics from RStudio to Word. Two other options: RStudio has its own help forum and this would probably be an OK question if you constructed a minimal verifiable example to submit to StackOverflow.

> Jeff

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

Re: Plotting Landscape in R-Studio

Jeff Newmiller
While the question AS POSED is off base here (and in fact unlikely to have any satisfactory answer due to the unavoidable squishiness of pasted graphics in Word), the OP could investigate the ReporteRs package which can export graphics directly to word files in a fairly predictable manner, including creating landscape oriented sections.

On February 11, 2017 9:01:47 AM PST, David Winsemius <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On Feb 11, 2017, at 8:26 AM, Jeff Reichman <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>>
>> R-Help
>>

>> How can I format a plot within R-Studio  (Plot Windows) to conform to
>an 8.5
>> x 11-  landscape.  Such that when I Export - Copy to Clip board I can
>past
>> plot into word.
>>

>This is really the wrong venue for asking questions about transferring
>graphics from RStudio to Word. Two other options: RStudio has its own
>help forum and this would probably be an OK question if you constructed
>a minimal verifiable example to submit to StackOverflow.
>

>> Jeff
>>

>> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

>David Winsemius
>Alameda, CA, USA

Re: Plotting Landscape in R-Studio

Peter Dalgaard-2

> On 11 Feb 2017, at 20:13 , Jeff Newmiller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> While the question AS POSED is off base here (and in fact unlikely to have any satisfactory answer due to the unavoidable squishiness of pasted graphics in Word),

I did wonder whether it wouldn't be easier just to export to a (PDF? WMF?) file and import that in Word. That looks like a no-brainer from the RStudio side. Or write directly to the appropriate device.

-pd

> the OP could investigate the ReporteRs package which can export graphics directly to word files in a fairly predictable manner, including creating landscape oriented sections.
>
> On February 11, 2017 9:01:47 AM PST, David Winsemius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On Feb 11, 2017, at 8:26 AM, Jeff Reichman <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> R-Help
>>>

>>> How can I format a plot within R-Studio  (Plot Windows) to conform to
>> an 8.5
>>> x 11-  landscape.  Such that when I Export - Copy to Clip board I can
>> past
>>> plot into word.
>>>

>> This is really the wrong venue for asking questions about transferring
>> graphics from RStudio to Word. Two other options: RStudio has its own
>> help forum and this would probably be an OK question if you constructed
>> a minimal verifiable example to submit to StackOverflow.
>>

>>> Jeff

>> David Winsemius
>> Alameda, CA, USA

Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Office: A 4.23

Re: Plotting Landscape in R-Studio

Michael Dewey-3
Colleagues who use Word seem to find no problem with .wmf files.

On 11/02/2017 22:08, peter dalgaard wrote:

>> On 11 Feb 2017, at 20:13 , Jeff Newmiller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> While the question AS POSED is off base here (and in fact unlikely to have any satisfactory answer due to the unavoidable squishiness of pasted graphics in Word),
>
> I did wonder whether it wouldn't be easier just to export to a (PDF? WMF?) file and import that in Word. That looks like a no-brainer from the RStudio side. Or write directly to the appropriate device.
>
> -pd
>

>> the OP could investigate the ReporteRs package which can export graphics directly to word files in a fairly predictable manner, including creating landscape oriented sections.
>> --

>>> an 8.5
>>> past
>>>>

>>> This is really the wrong venue for asking questions about transferring
>>> graphics from RStudio to Word. Two other options: RStudio has its own
>>> help forum and this would probably be an OK question if you constructed
>>> a minimal verifiable example to submit to StackOverflow.

>>> David Winsemius
>>> Alameda, CA, USA

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html