Plotting two 3-dimensional time series in a 3 x 2 plot - alternatives to par(mfrow())

Plotting two 3-dimensional time series in a 3 x 2 plot - alternatives to par(mfrow())

Søren Højsgaard
I am trying to plot two 3-dimensional time series in one window (such that there will be 3 rows and 2 columns). For zoo and ts objects the par(mfrow...) option does not work. I can get xyplot to make the plots, but data are on widely different scales in the three dimensions, and xyplot uses the same scale on all y-axis which means that in some dimensions the curves will be almost horizontal lines. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Søren

Re: Plotting two 3-dimensional time series in a 3 x 2 plot - alternatives to par(mfrow())

Deepayan Sarkar
On 2/15/06, Søren Højsgaard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am trying to plot two 3-dimensional time series in one window (such that
> there will be 3 rows and 2 columns). For zoo and ts objects the
> par(mfrow...) option does not work. I can get xyplot to make the plots, but
> data are on widely different scales in the three dimensions, and xyplot uses
> the same scale on all y-axis which means that in some dimensions the curves
> will be almost horizontal lines. Any suggestions?

You can instruct xyplot to choose separate y-limits for each panel by
specifying

xyplot(..., scales = list(y = "free"))

Deepayan
--
http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~deepayan/

Re: Plotting two 3-dimensional time series in a 3 x 2 plot - alternatives to par(mfrow())

Gabor Grothendieck
plot.zoo takes the nc= argument which specifies the number of columns
it uses, e.g.

library(zoo)
library(tseries)
data(USeconomic)