Predict follow up time using parametric model in r

Predict follow up time using parametric model in r

Israel Ortiz
I am trying to predict follow-up time using several survival models, both
parametric and semi-parametric. I achieve it for semi parametric models
using predict.coxph function in R from survival package using type =
"expected" as indicated in help. However, for parametric models, this
option doesn't exist for the predict.survreg function. Is there any other
option? Maybe using rms package?

Re: Predict follow up time using parametric model in r

David Winsemius

On 11/3/18 12:59 PM, Israel Ortiz wrote:
> I am trying to predict follow-up time using several survival models, both
> parametric and semi-parametric. I achieve it for semi parametric models
> using predict.coxph function in R from survival package using type =
> "expected" as indicated in help. However, for parametric models, this
> option doesn't exist for the predict.survreg function. Is there any other
> option? Maybe using rms package?

I would imagine that the author thought that you should be able to
rather simple construct a function that would return an estimate simply
from the coefficients and the parametric equation for S(t).

That was also what Harrell does in his "Regression  Modeling Strategies"
text. In the first edition the code is on page 437.

--

David