Presentation Quality Tables, e.g., Ten rows, Five columns, with nice headers

Presentation Quality Tables, e.g., Ten rows, Five columns, with nice headers

MyCalendar
Hi R'ers:
After browsing for a good package for quality table construction, I found nothing.
Any advice?
Thanks
Bruce

-------

Re: Presentation Quality Tables, e.g., Ten rows, Five columns, with nice headers

Ista Zahn
You're going to have to be more specific. What output format? What packages
did you find and in what ways are they unsatisfactory?

Best,
Ista

On Mar 26, 2017 2:22 PM, "MyCalendar" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi R'ers:
After browsing for a good package for quality table construction, I found
nothing.
Any advice?
Thanks
Bruce

-------

Re: Presentation Quality Tables, e.g., Ten rows, Five columns, with nice headers

Duncan Murdoch-2
On 26/03/2017 1:16 PM, MyCalendar wrote:
> Hi R'ers:
> After browsing for a good package for quality table construction, I found nothing.
> Any advice?

Try the task view on Reproducible research:
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/views/ReproducibleResearch.html>.

Re: Presentation Quality Tables, e.g., Ten rows, Five columns, with nice headers

Richard M. Heiberger
I will assume that a "quality table" is a LaTeX tabular environment,
possibly with some
nested row or column structures.  For that I recommend the latex
function in the Hmisc
package.  The examples in ?latex are simple.  Quite complex
structures, for example, with
nested sets of labled rows and columns, can be built by using some of
the many optional
arguments.  The resulting .tex file can be input into your larger .tex file.

The default settings use the system latex command to build and immediately
display a dvi file of the table (or other R object).
For Mac or WIndows I use pdflatex to build and display a pdf file.  This needs
options(latexcmd='pdflatex');options(dviExtension='pdf');options(xdvicmd='open')
Some linux versions will need a different value for the xdvicmd
option.  See ?latex
for discussion of options.

You can embed R graphics into your table using the microplot package.
See the examples,
vignette, and demos for details.  Microplots can be use to place
graphics in html files and
other file types.

Rich

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 10:16 AM, MyCalendar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi R'ers:
> After browsing for a good package for quality table construction, I found nothing.
> Any advice?
> Thanks
> Bruce
>
> -------

Re: Presentation Quality Tables, e.g., Ten rows, Five columns, with nice headers

Bert Gunter-2
Look again!

(e.g. google "make tables in R")

(Note that "quality table construction" is subjective and undefined,
so it's up to you to either define them sufficiently for others or do
your own research to see if what's out there meets your undefined
criteria).

Cheers,
Bert

and sticking things into it."

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 10:16 AM, MyCalendar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi R'ers:
> After browsing for a good package for quality table construction, I found nothing.
> Any advice?
> Thanks
> Bruce
>
> -------

Re: Presentation Quality Tables, e.g., Ten rows, Five columns, with nice headers

Jim Lemon-4
Hi Bruce,
Well, a start might be:

bdf<-data.frame(Pre=sample(10:20,10),
 During=sample(8:18,10),
 EOT=sample(5:15,10),fu3mo=sample(7:17,10),
 fu6mo=sample(10:20,10))
rownames(bdf)<-paste("S",1:10,sep="")
plot.new()
library(plotrix)
addtable2plot(0.15,0.2,bdf,display.rownames=TRUE,
 bty="o",vlines=TRUE,hlines=TRUE,title="My table")

Jim

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 4:16 AM, MyCalendar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi R'ers:
> After browsing for a good package for quality table construction, I found nothing.
> Any advice?
> Thanks
> Bruce
>
> -------

Re: Presentation Quality Tables, e.g., Ten rows, Five columns, with nice headers

Robert Baer
Quite nice Jim.  A little par() magic, some well thought plot window
dimensions, and good to go.

I wasn't looking, but now that I've seen it, I can imagine uses.

Bruce - see also
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/xtable/vignettes/xtableGallery.pdf