Problem building rmarkdown vignettes with child

Problem building rmarkdown vignettes with child

Witold E Wolski
Hello,

This is a problem I posted about already some time ago:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2018-September/076786.html

Finally, I did had some time to create a minimal package to reproduce
the problem that vignettes with child can not be build.
https://github.com/wolski/RmarkdownVignetteProblem

The problem basically is that while all the vignettes can be build by running

devtools::build_vignettes
or
rmarkdown::render

they will all fail to build when running
devtools::build()
or
R CMD build

except of the
ABVignetteWithLocalChild.Rmd
for which I did apply the workaround suggested by  Duncan in this github issue:
https://github.com/yihui/knitr/issues/1540

Best regards
Witek

--
Witold Eryk Wolski

Re: Problem building rmarkdown vignettes with child

nospam@altfeld-im.de
Which R version are you using to produce the problem?

A few first indications:

- The regex in ".install_extras" does not match your file endings: Change "Rmd_tmp$" into "Rmd_t$"

- Try "output: rmarkdown::html_vignette" instead of "output: html_document"
  in the header of the file "ABVignetteWithLocalChild.Rmd" (and possibly other "*.Rmd"s)

- Try to specify the child doc name directly in the chunks via "```{r child = "NoBuildVignette.Rmd_t"}"
  instead of "```{r includChild, child = child_docs}"
  Note the possible typo in the tag "includChild" (-> "includeChild"?) (and possibly other "*.Rmd"s)

PS: You can find a working example of child Rmds for a CRAN package here:

https://github.com/aryoda/tryCatchLog/tree/master/vignettes