Problem in installing ncdf package

BabyL BabyK
Dear R communities

Could you please help me with the problem I encounter while trying to install the ncdf package?

download.packages("ncdf", "/home/user/soft/R/library/")
cd /home/user/soft/R/library
R CMD INSTALL ncdf_1.6.tar.gz # fail
sudo R CMD INSTALL ncdf_1.6.tar.gz # fail

cd /home/user/soft/
# download http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/ftp/netcdf-4.0.1.tar.gz
tar -xzvf netcdf-4.0.1.tar.gz

R CMD INSTALL --configure-args="-with-netcdf_incdir=/home/user/soft/netcdf-4.0.1/libsrc -with-netcdf_libdir=/home/user/soft/netcdf-4.0.1/libsrc/" ncdf_1.6.tar.gz  # Error: user specified netCDF library directory does not have libnetcdf.a !

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Re: Problem in installing ncdf package

Uwe Ligges-3

On 16.03.2010 07:06, BabyL BabyK wrote:

> Dear R communities
>
> Could you please help me with the problem I encounter while trying to install the ncdf package?
>
> download.packages("ncdf", "/home/user/soft/R/library/")
> cd /home/user/soft/R/library
> R CMD INSTALL ncdf_1.6.tar.gz # fail
> sudo R CMD INSTALL ncdf_1.6.tar.gz # fail
>
> cd /home/user/soft/
> # download http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/ftp/netcdf-4.0.1.tar.gz
> tar -xzvf netcdf-4.0.1.tar.gz
>
> R CMD INSTALL --configure-args="-with-netcdf_incdir=/home/user/soft/netcdf-4.0.1/libsrc -with-netcdf_libdir=/home/user/soft/netcdf-4.0.1/libsrc/" ncdf_1.6.tar.gz  # Error: user specified netCDF library directory does not have libnetcdf.a !

You need to install netcdf first, then specify the include and libdir
(the later will contain the lib afterwards).

Uwe Ligges

> Thank you very much for your kind help.

removing text form the graph(outer region)

paaveenthan

 Dear R communities,

when i do a calibration plot i have text inside the graph bottom  left and right (outer region)

saying x resampling  added B=200, i want to get rid of this texts please advise me

how can i do it

Thanks very much

Paaveen

Re: removing text form the graph(outer region)

Don MacQueen
You have to look at the documentation for the function you used to
create the "calibration plot". Find out what options it has for
controlling what text appears, and use them. If there are no options,
then maybe there is a graphics parameter [ see help('par') ] that
will prevent them. Otherwise, you will probably have to reconstruct
the plot yourself using basic plotting functions.

Or, assuming you used a plotting function from some package, contact
the package author or maintainer.

-Don