Problem installing package "sp" in R 2.13.0

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem installing package "sp" in R 2.13.0

Arnaud Catherine
Hi,

I am having troubles trying to install package "sp" in R (2.13.0) on mac OSX.
I have tried installing the package using GUi or function install.packages but it didn't work.

Here is the error message I get:


also installing the dependency ‘rgdal’

trying URL 'http://cran.univ-lyon1.fr/src/contrib/rgdal_0.6-33.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 1422992 bytes (1.4 Mb)
opened URL
==================================================
downloaded 1.4 Mb

trying URL 'http://cran.univ-lyon1.fr/src/contrib/sp_0.9-80.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 738569 bytes (721 Kb)
opened URL
==================================================
downloaded 721 Kb

* installing *source* package ‘sp’ ...
** libs
*** arch - i386
sh: make: command not found
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘sp’
* removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/library/sp’
ERROR: dependency ‘sp’ is not available for package ‘rgdal’

The downloaded packages are in
        ‘/private/var/folders/8P/8P9oV0FHFI83GKIm2cPUOk+++TM/-Tmp-/RtmppsxaRa/downloaded_packages’
* removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/library/rgdal’



Any help would be much appreciated!


Best regards.





Dr. Arnaud CATHERINE
Post-Doctorant

UMR 7245 CNRS/MNHN "Molécules de Communication et Adaptation des Micro-organismes"
Equipe "Cyanobactéries, Cyanotoxines et Environnement"
Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle
12, rue Buffon , Case 39
75231 Paris Cedex 05

Tel : + 33 (0)1 40 79 31 79
Fax : +33 (0)1 40 79 35 94
Email : [hidden email]
Site du Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle : http://www.mnhn.fr








        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]


______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem installing package "sp" in R 2.13.0

Andrew Robinson-6
Hi Arnaud,

the error is telling you that you don't have the "make" command.  This
might be because you haven't installed the necessary software to
compile R packages.  I suggest that you check the FAQ for Macintosh to
see how to do that.

Best wishes

Andrew

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 01:30:58PM +0200, Arnaud Catherine wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having troubles trying to install package "sp" in R (2.13.0) on mac OSX.
> I have tried installing the package using GUi or function install.packages but it didn't work.
>
> Here is the error message I get:
>
>
> also installing the dependency ?rgdal?
>
> trying URL 'http://cran.univ-lyon1.fr/src/contrib/rgdal_0.6-33.tar.gz'
> Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 1422992 bytes (1.4 Mb)
> opened URL
> ==================================================
> downloaded 1.4 Mb
>
> trying URL 'http://cran.univ-lyon1.fr/src/contrib/sp_0.9-80.tar.gz'
> Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 738569 bytes (721 Kb)
> opened URL
> ==================================================
> downloaded 721 Kb
>
> * installing *source* package ?sp? ...
> ** libs
> *** arch - i386
> sh: make: command not found
> ERROR: compilation failed for package ?sp?
> * removing ?/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/library/sp?
> ERROR: dependency ?sp? is not available for package ?rgdal?
>
> The downloaded packages are in
> ?/private/var/folders/8P/8P9oV0FHFI83GKIm2cPUOk+++TM/-Tmp-/RtmppsxaRa/downloaded_packages?
> * removing ?/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/library/rgdal?
>
>
>
> Any help would be much appreciated!
>
>
> Best regards.
>
>
>
>
>
> Dr. Arnaud CATHERINE
> Post-Doctorant
>
> UMR 7245 CNRS/MNHN "Mol?cules de Communication et Adaptation des Micro-organismes"
> Equipe "Cyanobact?ries, Cyanotoxines et Environnement"
> Mus?um National d'Histoire Naturelle
> 12, rue Buffon , Case 39
> 75231 Paris Cedex 05
>
> Tel : + 33 (0)1 40 79 31 79
> Fax : +33 (0)1 40 79 35 94
> Email : [hidden email]
> Site du Mus?um National d'Histoire Naturelle : http://www.mnhn.fr
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
>

> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
> PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
> and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.


--
Andrew Robinson  
Program Manager, ACERA
Department of Mathematics and Statistics            Tel: +61-3-8344-6410
University of Melbourne, VIC 3010 Australia               (prefer email)
http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/~andrewpr              Fax: +61-3-8344-4599
http://www.acera.unimelb.edu.au/

Forest Analytics with R (Springer, 2011)
http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/FAwR/
Introduction to Scientific Programming and Simulation using R (CRC, 2009):
http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/spuRs/

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem installing package "sp" in R 2.13.0

Roger Bivand
In reply to this post by Arnaud Catherine
The rgdal package is not a dependency of sp, only suggested. In addition, you are trying to install source packages, but should (probably) be installing binaries, with type="mac.binary.leopard" the most likely. If you need the OSX rgdal binary, make sure that CRAN extras is on your repository path - see ?setRepositories, for example by
setRepositories(ind=1:2). If you really want to install source packages under OSX, be sure to read up on this on

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/

looking for the FAQ, and links to tools. If you can manage with binary packages, stay with them.

Roger

Arnaud Catherine wrote
Hi,

I am having troubles trying to install package "sp" in R (2.13.0) on mac OSX.
I have tried installing the package using GUi or function install.packages but it didn't work.

Here is the error message I get:


also installing the dependency ‘rgdal’

trying URL 'http://cran.univ-lyon1.fr/src/contrib/rgdal_0.6-33.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 1422992 bytes (1.4 Mb)
opened URL
==================================================
downloaded 1.4 Mb

trying URL 'http://cran.univ-lyon1.fr/src/contrib/sp_0.9-80.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 738569 bytes (721 Kb)
opened URL
==================================================
downloaded 721 Kb

* installing *source* package ‘sp’ ...
** libs
*** arch - i386
sh: make: command not found
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘sp’
* removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/library/sp’
ERROR: dependency ‘sp’ is not available for package ‘rgdal’

The downloaded packages are in
        ‘/private/var/folders/8P/8P9oV0FHFI83GKIm2cPUOk+++TM/-Tmp-/RtmppsxaRa/downloaded_packages’
* removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/library/rgdal’



Any help would be much appreciated!


Best regards.





Dr. Arnaud CATHERINE
Post-Doctorant

UMR 7245 CNRS/MNHN "Molécules de Communication et Adaptation des Micro-organismes"
Equipe "Cyanobactéries, Cyanotoxines et Environnement"
Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle
12, rue Buffon , Case 39
75231 Paris Cedex 05

Tel : + 33 (0)1 40 79 31 79
Fax : +33 (0)1 40 79 35 94
Email : [hidden email]
Site du Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle : http://www.mnhn.fr








        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]


______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Roger Bivand
Department of Economics
NHH Norwegian School of Economics
Helleveien 30
N-5045 Bergen, Norway