Problem when installing quantmod package

Problem when installing quantmod package

Rmetrics mailing list
Hello
I tried to install "quantmod" package. But I got the following error:
> install.packages("quantmod")Warning in install.packages :  unable to access index for repository https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib:  cannot open URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/PACKAGES'Installing package into ‘C:/Users/win7120/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)Warning in install.packages :  unable to access index for repository https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib:  cannot open URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/PACKAGES'Warning in install.packages :  package ‘quantmod’ is not available (for R version 3.5.1)Warning in install.packages :  unable to access index for repository https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/3.5:  cannot open URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/3.5/PACKAGES'
What is the problem?
Best regards
Baki Ünal

Re: Problem when installing quantmod package

Frank-2
I right click on the R executable and select "Run as administrator" to install new packages or update R.

Frank
Chicago

I tried to install "quantmod" package. But I got the following error:
> install.packages("quantmod")Warning in install.packages :  unable to access index for repository https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib:  cannot open URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/PACKAGES'Installing package into ‘C:/Users/win7120/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)Warning in install.packages :  unable to access index for repository https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib:  cannot open URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/PACKAGES'Warning in install.packages :  package ‘quantmod’ is not available (for R version 3.5.1)Warning in install.packages :  unable to access index for repository https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/3.5:  cannot open URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/3.5/PACKAGES'
What is the problem?
Best regards
Baki Ünal

Re: Problem when installing quantmod package

amol gupta
This might help
try

options(repos = c(CRAN = "http://cran.rstudio.com"))

Source:
https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/205198138-packages-installation-problem

--
Regards
Amol

Re: Problem when installing quantmod package

V Kurien
Hmm.
(1) Are you still having the problem - I ask since I certainly reach
https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/3.5/PACKAGES via wget (for
example).
(2) If you cannot reach https://cran.rstudio.com at all then it points to a
networking issue.