Problem with creating links ("see also" section) in help files.

Problem with creating links ("see also" section) in help files.

Aleš Žiberna-3
A link in one of my help files does not work. I have in this help file:
\seealso{\code{\link{crit.fun}}, \code{\link{opt.par}},
\code{\link{opt.random.par}}, \code{\link{opt.these.par}},
\code{\link{nkpartitions}}, \code{\link{nkpar}},
\code{\link{plot.check.these.par}} }

Everything in one row, the last link does not work. In another help
file, I have:
\name{plot.mat}
\alias{plot.mat}
\alias{plot.crit.fun}
\alias{plot.opt.par}
\alias{plot.opt.par.mode}
\alias{plot.opt.more.par}
\alias{plot.opt.more.par.mode}
\alias{plot.check.these.par}

The last alias should corresponds to the link that does not work.

This is also produces a massage when building a binary package or
installing a package:
  check.these.par                   text    html    latex   example chm
     missing link(s):  plot.check.these.par

Any ideas?

Best regards and thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Ales Ziberna

Re: Problem with creating links ("see also" section) in help files.

Duncan Murdoch
On 3/3/2006 6:28 AM, Aleš Žiberna wrote:

> A link in one of my help files does not work. I have in this help file:
> \seealso{\code{\link{crit.fun}}, \code{\link{opt.par}},
> \code{\link{opt.random.par}}, \code{\link{opt.these.par}},
> \code{\link{nkpartitions}}, \code{\link{nkpar}},
> \code{\link{plot.check.these.par}} }
>
> Everything in one row, the last link does not work. In another help
> file, I have:
> \name{plot.mat}
> \alias{plot.mat}
> \alias{plot.crit.fun}
> \alias{plot.opt.par}
> \alias{plot.opt.par.mode}
> \alias{plot.opt.more.par}
> \alias{plot.opt.more.par.mode}
> \alias{plot.check.these.par}
>
> The last alias should corresponds to the link that does not work.
>
> This is also produces a massage when building a binary package or
> installing a package:
>   check.these.par                   text    html    latex   example chm
>      missing link(s):  plot.check.these.par
>
> Any ideas?

Based on the error message and the symptom that the link doesn't work,
I'd assume that the alias isn't being recognized.  You could confirm
this by seeing whether ?plot.check.these.par works in the R console.

Do any of the other aliases in that file work?  Maybe there's something
wrong with the whole file.

Re: Problem with creating links ("see also" section) in help files.

Aleš Žiberna-3
Duncan Murdoch pravi:

> On 3/3/2006 6:28 AM, Aleš Žiberna wrote:
>> A link in one of my help files does not work. I have in this help file:
>> \seealso{\code{\link{crit.fun}}, \code{\link{opt.par}},
>> \code{\link{opt.random.par}}, \code{\link{opt.these.par}},
>> \code{\link{nkpartitions}}, \code{\link{nkpar}},
>> \code{\link{plot.check.these.par}} }
>>
>> Everything in one row, the last link does not work. In another help
>> file, I have:
>> \name{plot.mat}
>> \alias{plot.mat}
>> \alias{plot.crit.fun}
>> \alias{plot.opt.par}
>> \alias{plot.opt.par.mode}
>> \alias{plot.opt.more.par}
>> \alias{plot.opt.more.par.mode}
>> \alias{plot.check.these.par}
>>
>> The last alias should corresponds to the link that does not work.
>>
>> This is also produces a massage when building a binary package or
>> installing a package:
>>   check.these.par                   text    html    latex   example chm
>>      missing link(s):  plot.check.these.par
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Based on the error message and the symptom that the link doesn't work,
> I'd assume that the alias isn't being recognized.  You could confirm
> this by seeing whether ?plot.check.these.par works in the R console.
>
> Do any of the other aliases in that file work?  Maybe there's
> something wrong with the whole file.
>
> Duncan Murdoch

Thanks for the reply!

The ?plot.check.these.par also does not work, however all other links
(alias-es) do work in that file.

Are there any limitations to the number of alias-es in a given help file?

Best regards,
Ales Ziberna

Re: Problem with creating links ("see also" section) in help files.

Aleš Žiberna-3
I have found the error in my Rd file. It appeared just after the section
that I have pasted into the mail (it was an additional "}").

Best regards,
Ales Ziberna

Aleš Žiberna pravi: