Problem with plot()

Andrej Kastrin
Dear R useRs,

I have a problem to add title to the following graphics;

Tukey=TukeyHSD(aov(CA~C), "C",ordered=TRUE))
plot (Tukey, main="My first graph")

actually, it draw a graph, but it also display:

parameter "main" could not be set in high-level plot() function.

If I execute:
plot(rnorm(1000),main="My first plot"), no error occur.

What's the difference in those two examples? Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem with plot()

Uwe Ligges
Andrej Kastrin wrote:

> Dear R useRs,
>
> I have a problem to add title to the following graphics;
>
> Tukey=TukeyHSD(aov(CA~C), "C",ordered=TRUE))
> plot (Tukey, main="My first graph")
>
> actually, it draw a graph, but it also display:
>
> parameter "main" could not be set in high-level plot() function.
>
> If I execute:
> plot(rnorm(1000),main="My first plot"), no error occur.
>
> What's the difference in those two examples? Thanks in advance.

The title is hardcoded in plot.TukeyHSD().
Type
  plot.TukeyHSD
and see its code. Simply adapt it as you need ...

Uwe Ligges