Problems with Windows Cross compile

Warnes, Gregory R

Well, I'm finally getting around to setting up a cross-compiler for Windows on my local Linux box.   I'm using the Yan & Rossini's docuimentation and the latest 'http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Makefile-rcb' , which is working of the R-2.2.0 sources.

After discovering that "cp -p" doesn't work on the filesystem I'm using and removing the '-p's in the R makefiles using perl, I've gotten things to run pretty far through.  Unfortunately, I get stopped by this error when building the base packages:

        writing help indices for package: base tools utils grDevices graphics stats datasets methods grid splines stats4 tcltk

        ---------- Making package base ------------
          adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
          installing inst files
          installing indices
        Error in get(x, envir, mode, inherits) : variable "win.packages.html" was not found
        Execution halted

Any ideas?

-Greg

Gregory R. Warnes, Ph.D.
Associate Director, Non-Clinical Statistics
Pfizer Global Research and Development

Re: Problems with Windows Cross compile

Jun Yan
I've seen that error before. It has to do with the setup of R_EXE. A
current linux R is required. The following order worked for me:

make linuxR
make LinuxFresh=YES mkrules
make R

Jun

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Warnes, Gregory R wrote:

> Well, I'm finally getting around to setting up a cross-compiler for Windows on my local Linux box.   I'm using the Yan & Rossini's docuimentation and the latest 'http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Makefile-rcb' , which is working of the R-2.2.0 sources.
>
> After discovering that "cp -p" doesn't work on the filesystem I'm using and removing the '-p's in the R makefiles using perl, I've gotten things to run pretty far through.  Unfortunately, I get stopped by this error when building the base packages:
>
> writing help indices for package: base tools utils grDevices graphics stats datasets methods grid splines stats4 tcltk
>
> ---------- Making package base ------------
>  adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
>  installing inst files
>  installing indices
> Error in get(x, envir, mode, inherits) : variable "win.packages.html" was not found
> Execution halted
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -Greg
>
> Gregory R. Warnes, Ph.D.
> Associate Director, Non-Clinical Statistics
> Pfizer Global Research and Development

> LEGAL NOTICE
> Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged.  It is intended for the addressee(s) only.  Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful.  If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.

Re: Problems with Windows Cross compile

Warnes, Gregory R
Thanks, the default version of R here is 2.1.0, so that must have been the problem.  Everything is working now.

-Greg