Question - TukeyHSD

Paul Kent
Hi,

I've been performing some TukeyHSD tests in R and have come across papers that include all the necessary information (means, sample size and SE) for me to perform the piecewise comparison by hand. I can reach out to the authors to get the original dataset, but it raises the question, can I perform the Test with the information I have and save myself some time? Is there a way to somehow construct an aov element to feed the TukeyHSD function, or is there another way to proceed.

Many thanks.

Paul Kent

Gold rating for teaching excellence
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)

Ranked No.12 UK university
The Guardian University Guide 2018

UK's highest ranking new university
The Guardian and the Complete University Guides 2018

Top 4 for Student Experience and Teaching Quality
The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018

NOTICE

This message and any files transmitted with it is intended for the addressee only and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Coventry University.

Re: Question - TukeyHSD

Bert Gunter-2
AFAICS, without knowing the structure of your data and what specifically
you wish to do, how could one answer your question? -- which is probably
yes, you can do it, but without further info, ??? Maybe someone with a
better crystal ball can help -- or you could clarify.

Cheers,
Bert

sticking things into it."

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 6:30 AM, Paul Kent <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I've been performing some TukeyHSD tests in R and have come across papers
> that include all the necessary information (means, sample size and SE) for
> me to perform the piecewise comparison by hand. I can reach out to the
> authors to get the original dataset, but it raises the question, can I
> perform the Test with the information I have and save myself some time? Is
> there a way to somehow construct an aov element to feed the TukeyHSD
> function, or is there another way to proceed.
>

> Many thanks.
>

> Paul Kent
>
> Gold rating for teaching excellence
> Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
>
> Ranked No.12 UK university
> The Guardian University Guide 2018
>
> UK's highest ranking new university
> The Guardian and the Complete University Guides 2018
>
> Top 4 for Student Experience and Teaching Quality
> The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
>
> NOTICE
>
> This message and any files transmitted with it is intended for the
> addressee only and may contain information that is confidential or
> privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
> addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this
> message, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.
>
> Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the author
> and do not necessarily represent those of Coventry University.

> posting-guide.html

Re: Question - TukeyHSD

Richard M. Heiberger
Assuming you have as your model a one-way ANOVA, you can use the
aovSufficient function in HH.

## install.packages("HH") ## if you don't have it yet
library(HH)
?aovSufficient