Quantcast

Question on accessing foreign files

Threaded

Question on accessing foreign files

Daniel Molinari
Hi all,

I have several data files provided in mtw format (Minitab) and sdd format
(S-Plus) and I need to read them in R.

I do not have access either to Minitab or to S-Plus.

How can I accomplish this task ?

Thank you,
Daniel

Threaded

Re: Question on accessing foreign files

R help mailing list-2
I've attached data.restore4.txt, containing the function
data.restore4(), which has the same argument list as
foreign::data.restore() and is mean to be called by the latter if the
first line of the file is "## Dump S Version 4 Dump".   It can read
version 4 of the 'S data dump' format, which for which S+ uses the
file extension ".sdd".  It stores the objects it reads in the
environment specified by the 'env' argument/.

I think it works pretty well; please report any issues to me.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 3:20 PM, Daniel Molinari <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have several data files provided in mtw format (Minitab) and sdd format
> (S-Plus) and I need to read them in R.
>
> I do not have access either to Minitab or to S-Plus.
>
> How can I accomplish this task ?
>
> Thank you,
> Daniel

data.restore4.txt (18K) Download Attachment