R 2.3.1 release candidates starting tomorrow

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

R 2.3.1 release candidates starting tomorrow

Peter Dalgaard

Starting with tomorrow's build, the beta designation will be replaced
by RC. This also implies that we are in "hard" code freeze, and that
we're not going to change anything unless it is critical. If you do
not want such critical bugs to slip into the final release, please
check the release candidates on your platform and report back if you
find problems.

The directory for prereleases is

http://cran.r-project.org/src/base-prerelease/

--
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Ă˜ster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B
  c/ /'_ --- Dept. of Biostatistics     PO Box 2099, 1014 Cph. K
 (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark          Ph:  (+45) 35327918
~~~~~~~~~~ - ([hidden email])                  FAX: (+45) 35327907

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R 2.3.1 release candidates starting tomorrow

Andrew Robinson-6
Hi all,

it builds just fine, but I get a warning on FreeBSD 6.1

less /usr/local/testing/R-beta/tests/survival.Rcheck/00check.log
* using log directory
'/usr/local/testing/R-beta/tests/survival.Rcheck'
* using Version 2.3.1 beta (2006-05-25 r38197)
* checking for file 'survival/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'survival' version '2.26'
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* skipping installation test
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking top-level files ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
* checking R files for library.dynam ... OK
* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
* checking replacement functions ... OK
* checking foreign function calls ... OK
* checking Rd files ... OK
* checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
* checking for code/documentation mismatches ... WARNING
Codoc mismatches from documentation object 'survival-internal':
as.data.frame.difftime
  Code: function(x, row.names = NULL, optional = FALSE)
  Docs: function(x, row.names = NULL, optional = FALSE, ...)

* checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
* checking for CRLF line endings in C/C++/Fortran sources/headers
* ... OK
* creating survival-Ex.R ... OK
* checking examples ... OK
* creating survival-manual.tex ... OK
* checking survival-manual.tex ... OK


This is:

> version  
               _                                    
platform       i386-unknown-freebsd6.1              
arch           i386                                  
os             freebsd6.1                            
system         i386, freebsd6.1                      
status         beta                                  
major          2                                    
minor          3.1                                  
year           2006                                  
month          05                                    
day            25                                    
svn rev        38197                                
language       R                                    
version.string Version 2.3.1 beta (2006-05-25 r38197)


Cheers

Andrew


On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 05:47:22PM +0200, Peter Dalgaard wrote:

>
> Starting with tomorrow's build, the beta designation will be replaced
> by RC. This also implies that we are in "hard" code freeze, and that
> we're not going to change anything unless it is critical. If you do
> not want such critical bugs to slip into the final release, please
> check the release candidates on your platform and report back if you
> find problems.
>
> The directory for prereleases is
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/src/base-prerelease/
>
> --
>    O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             ?ster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B
>   c/ /'_ --- Dept. of Biostatistics     PO Box 2099, 1014 Cph. K
>  (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark          Ph:  (+45) 35327918
> ~~~~~~~~~~ - ([hidden email])                  FAX: (+45) 35327907
>
> ______________________________________________
> [hidden email] mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel

--
Andrew Robinson  
Department of Mathematics and Statistics            Tel: +61-3-8344-9763
University of Melbourne, VIC 3010 Australia         Fax: +61-3-8344-4599
Email: [hidden email]         http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R 2.3.1 release candidates starting tomorrow

Dirk Eddelbuettel
In reply to this post by Peter Dalgaard

On 26 May 2006 at 17:47, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
|
| Starting with tomorrow's build, the beta designation will be replaced
| by RC. This also implies that we are in "hard" code freeze, and that
| we're not going to change anything unless it is critical. If you do
| not want such critical bugs to slip into the final release, please
| check the release candidates on your platform and report back if you
| find problems.
|
| The directory for prereleases is
|
| http://cran.r-project.org/src/base-prerelease/

FWIW I started a week ago with pre-releases in Debian unstable and added
another one today. So if you're on Debian, these are easy to test.
I guess I had my lingo wrong as I already called these beta. Sorry, my bad.

r-base (2.3.0.svn38197-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Second beta release of the upcoming R 2.3.1 scheduled for June 1

 -- Dirk Eddelbuettel <[hidden email]>  Fri, 26 May 2006 06:09:03 -0500

r-base (2.3.0.svn38119-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * First beta release of the upcoming R 2.3.1 scheduled for June 1

  * debian/control: Standards-Version: increased to 3.7.2
 
  * debian/r-cran.mk: Small improvements

 -- Dirk Eddelbuettel <[hidden email]>  Fri, 19 May 2006 20:15:30 -0500


(FYI r-cran.mk is a all we now need for debian/rules in the many r-cran-*
packages. It centralises the debian/rules logic; each of those packages
reduces its debian/rules to

        include /usr/share/R/debian/r-cran.mk

which is pretty sweet. Kudos to Rafael Laboissiere who gently nudged me to
try Debian's cdbs for these.)

Dirk

--
Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: R 2.3.1 release candidates starting tomorrow

Prof Brian Ripley
In reply to this post by Andrew Robinson-6
On Sat, 27 May 2006, Andrew Robinson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it builds just fine, but I get a warning on FreeBSD 6.1

That is a warning in a contributed package. It stems from

date.POSIXdate.R:as.data.frame.difftime <-as.data.frame.vector

and as.data.frame.vector differs by R version.  So it's just unfortunate
that a contributed package is in effect documenting a function in base.

Nothing worth attending to,

>
> less /usr/local/testing/R-beta/tests/survival.Rcheck/00check.log
> * using log directory
> '/usr/local/testing/R-beta/tests/survival.Rcheck'
> * using Version 2.3.1 beta (2006-05-25 r38197)
> * checking for file 'survival/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
> * this is package 'survival' version '2.26'
> * checking package dependencies ... OK
> * checking if this is a source package ... OK
> * skipping installation test
> * checking package directory ... OK
> * checking for portable file names ... OK
> * checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
> * checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
> * checking top-level files ... OK
> * checking index information ... OK
> * checking package subdirectories ... OK
> * checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
> * checking R files for library.dynam ... OK
> * checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
> * checking replacement functions ... OK
> * checking foreign function calls ... OK
> * checking Rd files ... OK
> * checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
> * checking for code/documentation mismatches ... WARNING
> Codoc mismatches from documentation object 'survival-internal':
> as.data.frame.difftime
>  Code: function(x, row.names = NULL, optional = FALSE)
>  Docs: function(x, row.names = NULL, optional = FALSE, ...)
>
> * checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
> * checking for CRLF line endings in C/C++/Fortran sources/headers
> * ... OK
> * creating survival-Ex.R ... OK
> * checking examples ... OK
> * creating survival-manual.tex ... OK
> * checking survival-manual.tex ... OK
>
>
> This is:
>
>> version
>               _
> platform       i386-unknown-freebsd6.1
> arch           i386
> os             freebsd6.1
> system         i386, freebsd6.1
> status         beta
> major          2
> minor          3.1
> year           2006
> month          05
> day            25
> svn rev        38197
> language       R
> version.string Version 2.3.1 beta (2006-05-25 r38197)
>
>
> Cheers
>
> Andrew
>
>
> On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 05:47:22PM +0200, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
>>
>> Starting with tomorrow's build, the beta designation will be replaced
>> by RC. This also implies that we are in "hard" code freeze, and that
>> we're not going to change anything unless it is critical. If you do
>> not want such critical bugs to slip into the final release, please
>> check the release candidates on your platform and report back if you
>> find problems.
>>
>> The directory for prereleases is
>>
>> http://cran.r-project.org/src/base-prerelease/
>>
>> --
>>    O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             ?ster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B
>>   c/ /'_ --- Dept. of Biostatistics     PO Box 2099, 1014 Cph. K
>>  (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark          Ph:  (+45) 35327918
>> ~~~~~~~~~~ - ([hidden email])                  FAX: (+45) 35327907
>>
>> ______________________________________________
>> [hidden email] mailing list
>> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
>
>

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  [hidden email]
Professor of Applied Statistics,  http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~ripley/
University of Oxford,             Tel:  +44 1865 272861 (self)
1 South Parks Road,                     +44 1865 272866 (PA)
Oxford OX1 3TG, UK                Fax:  +44 1865 272595

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel