R Error: Can't open/save .Rhistory

actionjk7
I am having issues accessing and/or saving the .Rhistory file on my Windows 7 PC.  I have local administration rights on my computer and full read/write permission on the folder where the .Rhistory file is located.  In basic R, when attempting to use savehistory("~/Rhistory") a message box that says R is unable to open the file pops up.  In R Studio, the same line of code doesn't produce an error but the history does not save, when closing R Studio an error pops up indicating that a "system error 5" has occurred when trying to save ".Rhistory" and "access is denied".  ".RData" saves without any issues.